Become more attuned to the world around you and produce more evocative writing through The Writer's Eye, designed to guide you toward
- Greater depth, because when you write from the place where you’re most yourself, you’re writing from the place where you’re connected with everyone else;
- Greater command of language, because words are your medium and your message; and
- Greater understanding of how memorable writing achieves its impact.
The Writer’s Eye offers all this and more. You will
- Provide short responses to assigned readings, thereby developing your critical thinking skills (because good readers make better writers);
- Craft stories, poems, or personal essays in response to a given week’s theme;
- Develop your editing skills as you ask for targeted feedback on your work and provide feedback for your peers;
- Apply weekly prompts to new or existing projects; and
- Use the course structure to cultivate a regular writing practice that fits your life, even after class ends.
Developed by founder Elizabeth Ayres, The Writer’s Eye consists of five six-week segments you can take in any order, at any time. The complete course provides the perfect foundation for any committed practice in fiction, nonfiction, or poetry writing.