Come write with us—from home.
The Center for Creative Writing offers annual writing retreats on multiple topics and genres for writers who seek an immersive experience.
Our writing retreats for the foreseeable future will be supportive, community-building, intensive…and 100% virtual. We adapted some of our in-person offerings to provide an incredible retreat experience you can enjoy from the safety and comfort of home. 2024 dates coming soon!
Center writing retreats are nurturing:
- We connect you with a passionate teacher for expert guidance;
- We help you build a tiny but mighty community of other writers; and
- We offer private, luxury accommodations in beautiful, vacation-worthy places around the U.S.
Center writing retreats are accessible:
- Our long-weekend intensive format provides an escape for even the most time-challenged writers, for whom a week or two away from jobs, families, and responsibilities is simply not feasible;
- Our teachers work with retreat registrants to optimize sessions and content for their individual goals and projects, no matter their level of experience; and
- We strive to choose locations that accommodate a range of special needs and requests, so your time spent writing is as comfortable as possible.
Center writing retreats are transformative:
- You will be (re)energized in group sessions with people as dedicated to writing as you are and want to be;
- You will remember why you write in productive solitary sessions; and
- You will carry a renewed sense of wonder and inspiration home with you to fuel your creativity long after the retreat concludes.