For writers who know where they're going and have a lot of ground to cover, our generative writing sessions provide structure and the fuel of regular feedback.
Generative writing sessions are designed to get you writing. Enjoy the benefits of weekly deadlines and regular, in-depth feedback from your teacher as you develop new or existing projects.
Generative writing sessions follow the same format, pricing (includes a free consultation), and schedule as our regular six-week courses, but without formal assignments. You will
- Submit weekly excerpts to your teacher, and receive whatever level of feedback you request;
- Receive one-on-one guidance from a published, professional writer about any and all aspects of your project(s) and process;
- Collaborate with your teacher to customize your experience in service of your goals;
- Use our deadlines to help establish a regular writing practice that complements your unique schedule and lifestyle so that you will keep writing once the session ends.
Generative sessions are one-on-one; you are not required to submit feedback about classmates' work or read and respond to formal assignments, so you can stay immersed in your own narrative(s) under the expert guidance of a teacher committed to your progress.
A generative writing session is perfect for you if:
- You want feedback from a professional writer, but are not ready to share your work with other students in a classroom setting; OR
- You have an existing project you're excited about, and you need help keeping up your momentum; OR
- You have taken all parts of a Center course and want to keep writing with the teacher who already knows you and your work.
Get started: Contact us (or email smfleegal at creativewritingcenter dot com) and share a little about your goals and either a description of your writing project (if you haven't started yet) or a short (500-1,000 words) sample of your work-in-progress. The director will schedule a free, brief consult with you by email, phone, or Zoom to pair you with one of our teachers and answer your questions prior to registration.