Writing to Reclaim Your Sacred Self Long Weekend Intensive
May 2-5, 2019, Albuquerque, NM
*Check back for spring 2020 dates*
A southwestern city that reveres art and a natural mountain setting that inspires it will fill you with creative energy as you explore your sacred self at this immersive long weekend intensive.
Are you a spiritual seeker? Do you enjoy journal writing, or writing fiction, nonfiction, or poetry? Are you excited when your written words reveal a previously unreachable aspect of your being? Do you believe:
- all life is spiritual, we’re as likely to find glimpses of the Divine in a blade of grass as in a chapel;
- spirituality is a quest for the truth, and creativity is an expression of truth;
- the surest path to the Divine — that ethereal, unnamable something that leaves us momentarily shrouded in awe — is through the sacred self?
If you’re whispering, “Yes!” right now, you’ll love the creative journey of Writing To Reclaim Your Sacred Self. Spend three days in breathtaking historic Old Town Albuquerque with award-winning author and renowned writing teacher Tawni Waters.
With an emphasis on process not product, this retreat has been crafted for writers of all experience levels. Even if you have taken the online version of this course, you will encounter new material at this retreat while enjoying the nurturing, inspirational classroom atmosphere you already know, now in a face-to-face community.
Registration for this long weekend includes:
- Rigorous and soul-expanding instructional workshops;
- Ample private time to complete writing assignments and explore the city;
- Q&A discussions plus feedback on your writing;
- A personal consultation with your teacher yielding supportive feedback;
- A deluxe bedroom with queen bed and private bath in a beautiful southwestern city
- Breakfast provided all three days and lunch provided Friday and Saturday (registrants are responsible for their dinners, and the B&B is within walking distance of dozens of fine restaurants!)
- Morning yoga sessions in the common room for anyone who is interested!
If the Divine is a flash of white light expressing all possible colors, then Writing To Reclaim Your Sacred Self is your prism — a chance to understand your own truth and express your special wavelength in the sacred spectrum. Come discover your prism with Tawni Waters for a creative writing experience that will sustain your practice long after the retreat ends.
To ensure personal attention tailored to your needs, as well as a private room for all attendees, enrollment is limited to 3-7 participants. *Registration is closed.*
(includes three days of pampered private lodging in historic Old Town Albuquerque, three days of writing instruction and community, three breakfasts, two lunches, and the option of AM yoga)
Begins with check-in starting 4:00 PM Thursday
Ends with 11 AM check-out Sunday
For more info, email Stacia Fleegal.
Tawni Waters is an award-winning writer and poet with an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of New Orleans. Tawni has taught fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry at Estrella Mountain College, the Blueprint College Programs, Rosemont College, the San Miguel Writer’s Conference, and the Burlesque Press Literary Festival. She is the author of Beauty of the Broken (fiction, Simon & Schuster 2014), winner of the prestigious International Literacy Association’s Award for Young Adult Literature; Siren Song (poetry, Burlesque Press, 2014), and The Long Ride Home (fiction, Sourcebooks 2017).