Become a Centered Writer
Ready to hit the writing road but not quite sure where you’re going yet? Want to learn more about the Center and our inspiring, supportive online writing courses, but not quite ready to register?
Give us just one week to help you write more and better.
The Centered Writer
Specifically designed for writers who want some guidance in charting their work and path (especially before making a larger investment), these short sessions will connect you with a great writing teacher who will meet you where you are in your own unique writing process.
In this one-week, one-on-one session, you will:
- Generate one new piece of writing, or extensively revise an existing piece, through supportive, strength-based feedback;
- learn more about yourself and your process, what inspires and excites you about writing, so you can cultivate more of it;
- center writing in your life with practical advice for creating a sustainable writing practice; and
- choose a path for continuing your study of writing–with us, or on your own.
The Centered Writer week-long sessions will take place several times per year, TBA.
The next session runs Thursday, Jan. 2, to Thursday, Jan. 9, 2020, and costs $100.
Register by Dec. 31!
All Center teachers are published writers with years of experience teaching writing. We want to help you get to the page and stay there, because we believe in self-expression and the sacred power of the written word.
Read more about our philosophy of creativity and community here.
A Centered Writer is ready to commit to a regular practice. Are you?
Here’s How it Works
- You register for a one-week session and tell us a little about yourself, including, if applicable, the course or courses that have piqued your interest.
- I will use the info you provide to pair you with a Center teacher.
- You and your teacher become acquainted by email, phone, or Skype, and your teacher provides a writing exercise.
- You have three days to complete the exercise and submit it to your teacher, OR you can submit a piece of writing you’ve already completed and save the exercise for future inspiration.
- Your teacher provides customized written or verbal feedback within three days, as well as guidance about next steps.
Your registration fee includes:
- A customized, original writing exercise crafted just for you by a working writer and teacher;
- Prompt, thorough, and supportive feedback on one piece of your original writing;
- Guidance and resources for building and sustaining your writing practice;
- A $25 discount on the upcoming session of a writing course of your choice, should you choose to keep writing with us.
If you’re nervous about sharing your writing in a virtual classroom setting, unsure how you’d fit one of our five-week online courses into your busy schedule, or you just want to get a sense of how online writing courses might fit into your life, a Centered Writer session is perfect for you. It provides an opportunity to dip your toes into any course for a small investment, so you can immediately focus on your writing, not your fears or apprehensions, and receive an evaluation by a passionate, professional writing teacher who will help you create a plan for a more creative, word-filled life.
If you can commit to our one-week timeline, register now for Jan. 2, 2020, or email me with your questions.
I hope you’ll come write with us,
Stacia M. Fleegal, Director