Potomac River 7-Day Writer’s Retreat
Summer 2017 dates t/b/a
Come to Tall Timbers, Maryland. Where massive oaks and ancient pines fringe the Potomac River. Where the sun sets at your elbow, and the moon rises in your lap.
Just what I needed: nourishment, and a sense of community with other creative spirits plus Elizabeth’s compassionate guidance.
– Kate Appel
Far away from worldly distractions, you’ll devote yourself fully to words during this week-long ‘total immersion’ creative writing retreat. Bring a work-in-progress to focus on, or use the guided exercises to create new poems, stories, essays, reflections – or start that memoir you’ve been meaning to get to!
Led by Center Founder & Director Elizabeth Ayres the weekend includes:
- 14 writing workshops
- morning: in-class writing exercises & instruction
- evening: reading & feedback
- optional assignments and writing prompts for out-of-class writing
- free private 1-hour consultation with Elizabeth
- 2 festive meals shared with Elizabeth and fellow writers
- Local tourist attractions (biking, kayaking, marine museums, historic sites)
It’s a full week “in the zone” to create new writing or work on that project you’ve been trying to finish. Whether you’re a beginning writer or more experienced, you’ll return home from Imago House with your notebook full-to-the-brim.